Bootlegger has a vacancy for a System administrator who will be are responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers. To install hardware and software, and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of their organization. That will actively resolve problems and issues with computer and server systems to limit work disruptions within the company.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions. Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
Location: Zonnebloem, Cape Town
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary:Negotiable depending on experience
Should you wish to apply, please send your updated CV and contactable references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Ref: “Systems Administrator” in subject line. Should you not have had a response within 2 weeks of your application, please accept it unsuccessful as only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.