Food Development Chef
Bootlegger has an exciting career opportunity for an imaginative and innovative, fully qualified chef to join their new product development team. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who is passionate about creating exceptional cuisine with the highest standards in mind that works on a variety of projects.
Looking for someone who is up to date with modern food trends. Professional chefs with a 3-year culinary arts qualification from a recognised culinary / chef school or academy and excellent cooking skills are invited to apply.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage a complete kitchen operation
- Experience in new product development is advantageous
- Applicants must be able to train and manage staff
- A deep understanding of the food service / hospitality industry, both local and internationally
- Sensory Evaluation Skills/Taste – the ability to distinguish and articulate ingredients, product quality, flavour profiles, and product attributes
- Product Development Skills – commercial aptitude – ability to understand and use financial indicators
- Creation of seasonal menus
- Responsible for applying their creative cooking skills to develop and upgrade menu
- Food costing, profit and loss reporting, inventory management
- Will be responsible for all kitchen control systems and stock management.
- Focus will be food preparation and food quality control.
- Good supervisory, planning and staff delegation to ensuring deadlines are met
- Good administrative and computer skills – ordering, handovers, SOP’s
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and HACCP
- Manage training and development of kitchen staff
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent